Office of Procurement and Logistics
The Department’s procurement office provides professional and technical support services to State and local government agencies; conducts central procurement of architectural and engineering services, commodities, construction, energy, facilities maintenance, and printing services. The professional procurement staff performs specialized contracting, bid/proposal administration, and bid security for all State government users except the University System of Maryland. The Technology unit administers Internet-based eMaryland Marketplace, a full-service interactive procurement system, and the Homeland Security eProcurement System for First Responders.
P&L is also responsible for the activities of the Business Enterprise Office (BEO), Digital Document Center (DDC), and Records Management. BEO maximizes the business DGS conducts with minority-owned businesses participating in the State procurement process. State Printing & Duplicating provides central support for all State government activities related to graphic design and printing. Records Management stores more than 150,000 cubic feet of State documents at the Records Center in Jessup, and advises agencies on records management.
- Develops programs and policies for efficient management of records of all State of MD departments and agencies
- Prepares records retention and disposal schedules
- Supervises the collection and destruction of records
- Advises OPC on requests for purchase or lease of records equipment
- Controls storage space for records
- Maintains Records Center for efficient storage and servicing of inactive State agency records and provides reference servicing to the records as requested.